2022 - 2023 Upcoming NARGS Speakers Tours
Thanks to the anonymous NARGS donor for support the Traveling Speakers Program.
With travel opening up as the pandemic recedes and with a continuing donation from our generous, but anonymous donor, NARGS chapters are once again able to enjoy hearing speakers from afar at meetings this year. Our current schedule is listed below, and we expect to announce more speakers as plans develop.
Western Region & Northeast Region:
Kaj Andersen, Bangsbo Botanical Garden, Denmark
· Tuesday, September 27, Santa Fe, New Mexico. New Mexico Chapter, “BANGSBO BOTANICAL GARDEN, CREVICE AND TUFA GARDEN”
· Friday, September 30, Durango, Colorado. Cosponsor: Durango Botanical Garden, “BANGSBO BOTANICAL GARDEN, CREVICE AND TUFA GARDEN”
· Sunday October 2, Grand Junction, Colorado. Cosponsor: Chinle Chapter of the Cactus and Succulent Society of America, TBD
· Wednesday October 5, Vail, Colorado. Cosponsor: Betty Ford Alpine Garden, “SWITZERLAND, A MOUNTAIN PARADISE”
· Saturday, October 8, Denver, Colorado. Rocky Mountain Chapter, “BANGSBO BOTANICAL GARDEN, CREVICE AND TUFA GARDEN”
· Wednesday, October 12, Ithaca, New York. Adirondacks Chapter, “BANGSBO BOTANICAL GARDEN, CREVICE AND TUFA GARDEN” and “VISITING DUTCH ALPINE GARDENS”
· Saturday, October 15, Berkshire Botanical Garden, West Stockbridge, Massachusetts. Berkshire Chapter, "CREAM OF THE ALPINES" and "SWITZERLAND, A MOUNTAIN PARADISE"
· Sunday, October 16, New York area, Tri-State meeting (NYBG), “BANGSBO BOTANICAL GARDEN, CREVICE AND TUFA GARDEN” and “VISITING DUTCH ALPINE GARDENS”
Linda Cochran, Port Ludlow, Washington - Cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
But will Zoom virtually. Contact your local chapter coordinator for details.
Harry Jans from The Netherlands (Late September and early October)
Great Lakes, Minnesota, and Illinois-Wisconsin chapters
Saturday, October 29, Great Lakes Chapter, "Gardening in the Hills of Holland" and "Mega Alpines"
Tuesday, November 1, Minneapolis MN, Minnesota Chapter "Around the World of Alpine Plants"
Wednesday November 2, Wisconsin-Illinois Chapter, "Around the World of (alpine)plants in 90-minutes"
Todd Boland, Research Horticulturist at Memorial University of Newfoundland
· Saturday, March 18, Raleigh, NC. Piedmont Chapter
· Date to be determined. Potomac Valley Chapter
· Date to be determined. Four Seasons Garden Club
· Saturday, March 25. Delaware Valley Chapter
Sunday, March 26. Allegheny Chapter
Contact the listed NARGS chapter or sponsoring organization for times and locations of these presentations. Information about Traveling Speakers also will be posted on the NARGS webpage as well as in this Bulletin Board as plans are finalized.
To contact Rosemary, click the "Contact Us," next to the "Log in" button and type “Speakers Tour” in the subject line.