2023 and Early 2024 NARGS Speakers Tours
May 2023 Update
With continuing support from our generous donor, the Regional Coordinators of the NARGS Traveling Speakers Program have planned an exciting lineup for 2023. Some plans are still in development, so please check the NARGS website for updates and for details. Speaking engagements for the remainder of 2023 include:
Pacific Northwest Region
David Charlton, co-author with Cliff Booker of “Mountain Flowers – the Dolomites” and “Mountain Flowers – Pyrenees & Picos.”
- Thursday, June 8, Bellevue, WA. Northwestern Chapter
- Tuesday, June 13, Victoria, BC. Vancouver Island Rock & Alpine Garden Society.
- Wednesday, June 14, Vancouver, BC. Alpine Garden Club of British Columbia.
- Saturday, June 17, Anchorage, AK. Alaska Rock Garden Society.
- Tuesday, June 20, Portland, OR. Columbia-Willamette Chapter.
- Thursday, June 22, Medford, OR. Siskiyou Chapter.
Gerard van Buiten, Manager of Utrecht Botanical Gardens, Netherlands
- Saturday September 30, Ithaca, NY. Adirondack Chapter.
- Thursday October 5, Newbury, NH. Fells Chapter.
- Saturday October 7. Littleton, MA. New England Chapter.
- Saturday October 14, West Stockbridge, MA. Berkshire Chapter.
- Sunday October 15. Tri-State Meeting.
Jenny Wainwright-Kline, supervisor of the alpine propagation unit and of the Alpine Garden at Schachen Mountain, part of the Munich Botanic Garden.
- Tuesday, September 26. San Francisco, CA. San Francisco Chapter.
- Thursday, September 28. Sonora, CA. Western Chapter.
- Wednesday, October 4. Durango, CO.
- Saturday, October 7. Denver, CO. Rocky Mountain Chapter.
- Monday, October 9. Vail, CO. Betty Ford Alpine Gardens.
Eastern and Central Canada
Plans are in the works for a tour of several Canadian chapters by Oron Peri, owner of "Seeds of Peace," an Israeli nursery specializing in bulbous plants. Also, author of “Bulbs of the Eastern Mediterranean.” Check the NARGS website for updates.
Southeast and Mid-Atlantic
In March 2024, Paul Spriggs, co-author of The Crevice Garden from Victoria, BC, will speak to NARGS chapters beginning at the Piedmont Chapter and northward to New York City.
Overall Chair of NARGS Traveling Speakers Program:
Rosemary Monahan, New England Chapter
- Northeast: Elisabeth Zander, Berkshire Chapter
- Southeast/Mid-Atlantic: Cyndy Cromwell, Piedmont Chapter
- Midwest/Central: Bonnie Ion, Great Lakes Chapter
- West: Panayoti Kelaidis and Steve Aegerter, Rocky Mountain Chapter
- Pacific Northwest: Claire Cockcroft and Christine Ebrahimi, Columbia-Willamette and Northwestern Chapters
- Eastern and Central Canada: Bella Seiden and Barbara Cooper, Ontario Rock Garden & Hardy Plant Society
Contact the listed NARGS chapter or sponsoring organization for times and locations of these presentations. Information about Traveling Speakers also will be posted on the NARGS webpage as well as in this Bulletin Board as plans are finalized.
To contact Rosemary, click the "Contact Us," next to the "Log in" button and type “Speakers Tour” in the subject line.