Primula 2013

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
AmyO
AmyO's picture
Title: Member
Primula 2013

I just wanted to let everyone know that the American Primrose society seed exchange is now open to everyone! You don't have to be a member although we would love it if you did join! ;DFind all the ordering info here http://www.americanprimrosesociety.org There is still a large selection to choose from so get your orders in early!Happy sowing & growing!!

fleurbleue
Title: Guest

Many thanks Amy, I have just ordered from them  ;)

Toole
Toole's picture
Title: Guest
Hoy wrote:

Dave, a pretty Linum anyway! Hope the Primulas survive!

Here's one that is currently doing okay Trond. Admittedly it's a purchased plant that has only been in my possession for a week...... ;D ;D

Primula capitata.

Cheers Dave.

Invercargill Bottom of the South Island New Zealand Zone 8 maritime climate 1100mm,(40 in),rainfall p.a. Nil snow cover

AmyO
AmyO's picture
Toole wrote:

Here's one that is currently doing okay Trond. Admittedly it's a purchased plant that has only been in my possession for a week...... ;D ;D

Primula capitata.

I do love this one but I have a hard time keeping it! I plant them near my stream in part shade, but they never stick around for more than 2 seasons. :(

Amy Olmsted Hubbardton, VT, Zone 4

Hoy
Hoy's picture

I had several last year but the very bad winter (dry and cold) has finished a lot of them, I'm afraid  :(

Trond Rogaland, Norway - with cool, often rainy summers  (29C max) and mild, often rainy winters (180 cm/year)!

Cockcroft

Spring isn't officially here but the primulas are telling me it's close.'Snow White''Freedom'a Gold Lacea Cowichan

Claire Cockcroft Bellevue, Washington Zone 7-8

AmyO
AmyO's picture

They are so pretty Claire! And your Trillium next to your P. 'Snow White' is also looking gorgeous!

Amy Olmsted Hubbardton, VT, Zone 4

Hoy
Hoy's picture

Claire, if this isn't spring, what then is spring?

Trond Rogaland, Norway - with cool, often rainy summers  (29C max) and mild, often rainy winters (180 cm/year)!

Cockcroft

The calendar spring arrived yesterday (March 20th), accompanied by the worst storm we've had this winter in terms of wind, rain, cold temperatures, and hail.  But anemones are pushing up, julie primulas are blooming, and in a couple of weeks (weather permitting) the garden will be wearing its spring garments.

Hoy
Hoy's picture

Here the first day of spring is March 1st although much of the country still is snowcovered.

Cockcroft

Snow flakes fell here overnight and this morning, but the ground is too warm for anything to stick.  Primulas are pretty tough characters and will come through the cooler temperatures without pausing.

Pages