NARGS Annual Meeting: Colorado - June 23-27th 2016

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
IMYoung
Title: Member
NARGS Annual Meeting: Colorado - June 23-27th 2016

NARGS Annual Meeting: A Higher State -  Steppe to Alpine   will be held in  Steamboat Springs, Colorado

- June 23-27th 2016 -  and the Scottish Rock Garden Club is pleased to be spreading the word  to encourage visitors!

http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=13780.0

Whyer

The post conference trip to N. Wyoming seems to be the same area as that of the 2006 Snowbird conference pctrip. Can someone who knows the area and maybe went on the 2006 with us remind me how this may differ, apart from timing, as we were a little late in the season last time? My records are not good enough to compare with the description in the journal. I recall some of us passed on the Cody museums and went to see "wild horses" in the nearby badlands instead.

Brian

IMYoung

Facebook posts suggest that online  booking , having been delayed, will open today 13th January.   I'm being contacted by SRGC members via our notice about the event to say  they cannot find this booking  link. It's been posted that a copy of the mail-in form is available online  meantime - but I cannot find that.  Members wishing to come are worried by posts that the post-conference tour is fully booked before they've had a chance to book -  Help needed , please!

Ian  and/or Margaret Young ( -here it is usually Margaret) Aberdeen , North East Scotland, UK Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

Fermi
Fermi's picture

It's a shame that we originally had a commitment in June that stopped me from booking as it's about time we got back to the US for a NARGS conference (Bobby Ward has been telling me for years!). Sadly the other event got canceled and I hear that the trips are now booked out! Maybe next year!

cheers

fermi

Fermi de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia Min: -7C, Max: +40C

IMYoung

We're delighted to hear that the pre-conference tour is going well and that  members are arriving to enjoy the wildflowers - see some early photos  in the SRGC Forum thread on the event : http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=13780.msg360182#msg360182

Have a wonderful conference!

Ian  and/or Margaret Young ( -here it is usually Margaret) Aberdeen , North East Scotland, UK Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

Fermi
Fermi's picture

Hi Maggi,

Thanks for doing that!

I'm so sorry we didn't get there and the pictures people are posting on FB really are great! (But I'm not on FB so glad you are re-posting.)

I think we visited Yampa Botanic Park in 1999 - it certainly has gone ahead in the past 17 years!cheeky

cheers

fermi

HeLP
HeLP's picture

For pictures and comments regarding the NARGS annual meeting go to the SRGC forum

Harold Peachey USDA Z5, Lamoine, ME

Fermi
Fermi's picture

Yes, Maggi has been busy re-posting pics from Julia and others!

It looks to have been a great conference and some great gardens/tours

cheers

fermi

Cockcroft

Here are a few pictures from the conference.  We visited a wonderful garden in Steamboat Springs: Yampa River Botanic Park. It featured a very nice rock garden.

Claire Cockcroft Bellevue, Washington Zone 7-8

Cockcroft

Around Steamboat Springs you could see fields of Wyethia amplexicaulis dotted with Castilleja sulphurea.

Cockcroft

I hiked the Mad Creek / Red Dirt Trail.  The Flat Tops were visible in the distance.

Pages