2014-2015 Seed Exchange Now Open

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
hepatica
Title: Admin
2014-2015 Seed Exchange Now Open

Hi All,

Just a quick note to let everyone know the seed exchange is now open to members. Please read the instructions for ordering on 'Ordering Information - Read First' page. If you need a pdf or txt file of the seed list look for them on the 'Downloadable Seed Files" page.

The photo on this year's seed list cover is of Trillium flexipes hybrid from my garden that was originally collected in SE Michigan. And yes there is seed of it in the list...seed #2415.

Good luck with your seed orders!

Laura

Hoy
Hoy's picture
Title: Member

It's a torture - too much I want! Can't decide. . . .

Trond Rogaland, Norway - with cool, often rainy summers  (29C max) and mild, often rainy winters (180 cm/year)!

Fermi
Fermi's picture

Trond,

you start at the end and work backwards!

System worked well but differently at the work computer (in my breaks) and then at home. Not sure why.

When I opened the site at home it took me awhile to work out to go to my log-in page to be able to edit my list to complete it and send it off.

With the deteriorating Aussie $ and the PayPal charges it came to just over AUD$19 so still pretty cheap! cheers fermi

Fermi de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia Min: -7C, Max: +40C

Lori S.
Title: Moderator

The seed exchange was terrific once again!  Thanks to all whose hard work makes this possible!

Lori Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Zone 3 -30 C to +30 C (rarely!); elevation ~1130m; annual precipitation ~40 cm

Fermi
Fermi's picture

Seedex package arrived today!

only missed out on one first choice - now to try to germinate them all!

Thanks to all the hard working team,

cheers

fermi

Fermi de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia Min: -7C, Max: +40C

Lori S.

Got mine yesterday!  Now to plant them up.  Thanks again to all who make this possible!

Lori Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Zone 3 -30 C to +30 C (rarely!); elevation ~1130m; annual precipitation ~40 cm

Hoy
Hoy's picture

Got mine today!

Thank you everybody involved including donors!

Trond Rogaland, Norway - with cool, often rainy summers  (29C max) and mild, often rainy winters (180 cm/year)!

RPavlis
RPavlis's picture

Got my seeds. is there any way to see my order? I'd like figure out which 2 nd choices I did not get.

Ontario, Canada,  zone 5

Author of GardenMyths.com

RickR

[quote=RPavlis]

Got my seeds. is there any way to see my order? I'd like figure out which 2 nd choices I did not get.

[/quote]

Yes.  When you are logged in:

--- Click on your user name in your post or at the top right of any page. 

--- Then click on the "Orders" tab

--- In the Order # column, click on the order number or the "veiw order" icon.

--- The payment invoice shows, and click on the order id (different than the order number).

I apologize for the difficulty of this system.  I had clicked around in circles myself to find the answer.

Rick Rodich    zone 4a.    Annual precipitation ~24 inches near Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

hepatica
Title: Admin

A slightly easier way to view your seed order is to go to your user page by clicking on your username in the top right of the web page as Rick suggests. Then on your user page go down just below the yellow section to the section titled 'Seedex Order - Main Round'. Click on "2014 Seed Exchange Order" (it doesn't look like a hyperlink, but it is) and you will be taken to the page with your seed order listed. This is also how you can find your order if you have saved it but did not finish it yet, or if you want to see last year's order.

Also, as a quick reminder - February 5th is the final day for the Main round ordering, so if you haven't taken advantage of the great selection of seeds you still have time! The Surplus round will not begin until March 1st.

Regards,

Laura

Laura Serowicz
NARGS Seed Exchange Intake Manager
Southeast Michigan 
Lori S.

I was wondering about this myself.  Thank you both for addressing it.

Trying it just now, I am not seeing what you describe, Laura.  There's no such section underneath the yellow area, as I see it.  Rick's method does work, though.

EDIT:  Laura is looking into why my view seems to be different.  Laura's instructions will probably work for most people.  If not, please follow Rick's!

Pages