What do you see in your garden, 2018?

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
tropicalgirl251...
Title: Member

I cant upload my other image.

Krish

Saskatoon,SK,Canada Zone 3a one of the sunniest cities in Canada. Temperature range +30C to -38C. average annual precipitation 347.2mm.

RickR
Title: Moderator

What is happening that you can't upload a second image?

Can you take a screen shot of the problem?

Rick Rodich    zone 4a.    Annual precipitation ~24 inches near Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

tropicalgirl251...

Rick I will try to post today once I take some picturs.

Most probably the problem on my end  and I will get assistance at homesmiley

Krish

Saskatoon,SK,Canada Zone 3a one of the sunniest cities in Canada. Temperature range +30C to -38C. average annual precipitation 347.2mm.

tropicalgirl251...

Krish

tropicalgirl251...

Taken today in the garden

Eunomia oppostifolia in buds

Pulmonaria  altaica

Krish

tropicalgirl251...

Townsendia leptotes  closed  when cloudy and open when the sun is out .

1.Townsendia leptotes closed

2. Townsendia leptotes open

Krish

Cockcroft

Yum!  I love those "daisies".

...Claire

Claire Cockcroft Bellevue, Washington Zone 7-8

Fermi
Fermi's picture

On this side of the world it's autumn but we have narcissus in flower!

Narcissus 'First Stanza' a hybrid raised by Lawrence Trevanion in Canberra by crossing N. elegans fallax x N. 'Soleil d'Or'

Narcissus 'First StanzaNarcissus 'First StanzaNarcissus 'First Stanza

Another of his hybrids N '07-02 T' from Narcissus tazetta lacticolor x N. elegans, a good one for the rock garden as it is quite small. The cups are intially an olive color and develop into orange after a day or so,

Narcissus 07-02 T Narcissus 07-02 T Narcissus 07-02 T just open

A little tazetta grown from seed sent by Betty Clark in New Zealand as "N. tazetta patulus (or ochroleucus)", sadly the molluscs found it before I did!

Narcissus tazetta patulusNarcissus tazetta patulusNarcissus tazetta patulus a bit chewed

The classic autumn narcissus, N. viridiflorus

Narcissus viridiflorusNarcissus viridiflorus

cheers

fermi

Fermi de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia Min: -7C, Max: +40C

Cockcroft

Lovely, Fermi.  I'd love to be able to grow narcissus -- they don't mind my climate -- but the bulb fly is too persistent.  Thanks for sharing.

...Claire

Claire Cockcroft Bellevue, Washington Zone 7-8

Fermi
Fermi's picture

Claire,

I know your pain - we have the lesser narcissus fly which can be responsible for the disappearance of some bulbs each year!frown

Another susceptible genus is of course galanthus, but this tiny Galanthus peshmenii has escaped so far!

Galanthus peshmenii in budGalanthus peshmeniiGalanthus peshmeniiGalanthus peshmenii

cheers

fermi

Fermi de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia Min: -7C, Max: +40C

Pages