New Mexico Alpine/Rock Garden Plants

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hoy
Hoy's picture
Title: Member
Joined: 2009-12-15

Now I don't know what to do - shall I aim for the Carolina meeting or the New Mexico meeting? I hav not time for both!

Trond Rogaland, Norway - with cool, often rainy summers  (29C max) and mild, often rainy winters (180 cm/year)!

Fermi
Fermi's picture
Title: Member
Joined: 2010-03-03
Ward wrote:

Peter and others,The annual NARGS meeting in North Carolina's mountains is being planned for early May 2013.--Bobby Ward

That's a shame, Bobby, as it will clash with the 2nd Prague International Rock Garden Conference! We're hoping to get there though wew haven't seen any details yet, but Vojtech Holubec mentioned it at the Alpines Conference in April.cheersfermi

Fermi de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia Min: -7C, Max: +40C

Booker
Booker's picture
Title: Member
Joined: 2010-01-30
Fermi wrote:

Ward wrote:

Peter and others,The annual NARGS meeting in North Carolina's mountains is being planned for early May 2013.--Bobby Ward

That's a shame, Bobby, as it will clash with the 2nd Prague International Rock Garden Conference! We're hoping to get there though wew haven't seen any details yet, but Vojtech Holubec mentioned it at the Alpines Conference in April.cheersfermi

I was about to pen the self-same thing Fermi.  Great minds and all that ... !

Cliff Booker A.K.A. Ranunculus On the moors in Lancashire, U.K. Usually wet, often windy, sometimes cold ... and that's just me!

IMYoung
Title: Member
Joined: 2010-01-31

I think there will be a Swedish event in May  2013 as well...... ??? I know there are many hoping to attend both Swedish and Czech events.

Ian  and/or Margaret Young ( -here it is usually Margaret) Aberdeen , North East Scotland, UK Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

Fermi
Fermi's picture
Title: Member
Joined: 2010-03-03
IMYoung wrote:

I think there will be a Swedish event in May  2013 as well...... ??? I know there are many hoping to attend both Swedish and Czech events.

Do you know who's organising that one? Will it be before or after Prague? Sounds like my trip in 2007 when I went from Prgaue to Sweden (Goteborg) then Scotland! A return trip perhaps? ;Dcheersfermi

Fermi de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia Min: -7C, Max: +40C

IMYoung
Title: Member
Joined: 2010-01-31
Fermi wrote:

IMYoung wrote:

I think there will be a Swedish event in May  2013 as well...... ??? I know there are many hoping to attend both Swedish and Czech events.

Do you know who's organising that one? Will it be before or after Prague? Sounds like my trip in 2007 when I went from Prgaue to Sweden (Goteborg) then Scotland! A return trip perhaps? ;Dcheersfermi

I'm not sure, fermi.

Will ask Ian when he returns from a speaking trip to England, I think he may know more than I.  

Ian  and/or Margaret Young ( -here it is usually Margaret) Aberdeen , North East Scotland, UK Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

Booker
Booker's picture
Title: Member
Joined: 2010-01-30
IMYoung wrote:

Fermi wrote:

IMYoung wrote:

I think there will be a Swedish event in May  2013 as well...... ??? I know there are many hoping to attend both Swedish and Czech events.

Do you know who's organising that one? Will it be before or after Prague? Sounds like my trip in 2007 when I went from Prgaue to Sweden (Goteborg) then Scotland! A return trip perhaps? ;Dcheersfermi

I'm not sure, fermi.

Will ask Ian when he returns from a speaking trip to England, I think he may know more than I.  

We are all agog, Maggi ... we need to get together in foreign lands at the earliest opportunity!  :D

Cliff Booker A.K.A. Ranunculus On the moors in Lancashire, U.K. Usually wet, often windy, sometimes cold ... and that's just me!

IMYoung
Title: Member
Joined: 2010-01-31
IMYoung wrote:

Fermi wrote:

IMYoung wrote:

I think there will be a Swedish event in May  2013 as well...... ??? I know there are many hoping to attend both Swedish and Czech events.

Do you know who's organising that one? Will it be before or after Prague? Sounds like my trip in 2007 when I went from Prgaue to Sweden (Goteborg) then Scotland! A return trip perhaps? ;Dcheersfermi

Will ask Ian when he returns from a speaking trip to England, I think he may know more than I.  

There will be two conferences in Europe in Spring 2013.... ( that I know of!)

Swedish Event: Every ten years, Sällskapet Trädgårdsamatörerna (the Swedish Society of Amateur Gardeners) arranges a conference with an alpine theme in collaboration with the Alpine Department at the Botanic Gardens in Gothenburg. The next occasion will be from 30th May to the 1st June 2013. The conference includes exhibitions of plants and plant photography, visits to local gardens, plant sales and a series of lectures.

Czech Event: The 2nd International Rockgarden Conference will be held from 2. to the 5.of May 2013 in Tabor, south of Prague.

Ian  and/or Margaret Young ( -here it is usually Margaret) Aberdeen , North East Scotland, UK Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

Pages

Log in or register to post comments