NARGS Annual Meeting: Colorado - June 23-27th 2016

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cockcroft
Title: Member

I'm happy to say the weather was fairly cooperative except for the first evening in Steamboat Springs.  During the lecture, thunder, lightning and wind accompanied pounding hail.  Those of us with rental cars were relieved to see no hail damage!

I should thank Mike Kintgen and his host of volunteers from both Denver and Steamboat Springs.  It took an extra effort to smooth over bumps in transportation.  Well done!

Claire Cockcroft Bellevue, Washington Zone 7-8

RickR
Title: Moderator

These reports have made me very envious of those who attended.  We'll be visiting with our Minnesota attendee this Saturday.  Can't wait to here her stories....

Rick Rodich    zone 4a.    Annual precipitation ~24 inches near Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Fermi
Fermi's picture

Glad you enjoyed the Conference, Claire, and have shared these pics with the Forum.

Have they announced where the 2017 Conference will be held?

One day I'll get back to the States for a NARGS event!

cheers

fermi

Fermi de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia Min: -7C, Max: +40C

Cockcroft

Hi, Fermi,

The only announcement was for the 2018 AGM, to be held in Newfoundland.  Todd Boland gave a brief presentation on the last night of the conference.

...Claire

Claire Cockcroft Bellevue, Washington Zone 7-8

IMYoung

Delighted to see , elsewhere on this site this announcement :

NARGS Steamboat Springs Awards - 2016

Peter George, chair of the NARGS Awards Committee, has announced the recipients of the 2016 awards presented at the annual meeting in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, June 22 - 27.

Linc and Timmy Foster Millstream Award for Outstanding Garden

Jacques and Andrea Thompson, Ypsilanti, Michigan

Shirley Friberg, Roseville, Minnesota

Edgar T. Wherry Award  for dissemination of botanical and/or horticultural information about native North American plants

Mike Kintgen, Denver, Colorado

Award of Merit for service to NARGS and who are of demonstrated plantsmanship

Nicola Ripley, Vail, Colorado

Kenton Seth, Grand Junction, Colorado

VERY WELL DONE TO ALL RECIPIENTS OF THESE AWARDS!

Ian  and/or Margaret Young ( -here it is usually Margaret) Aberdeen , North East Scotland, UK Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

Pages