NARGS Annual Meeting: Colorado - June 23-27th 2016

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cockcroft
Title: Member

The trail was fairly easy with a lot of things to see.  I was surprised to see Campanula rotundifolia looking so sturdy and upright.  In my garden it flops.

Claire Cockcroft Bellevue, Washington Zone 7-8

Cockcroft

It wouldn't be Colorado without aspens.  Aquilegia caerulea grew in their shade.  Eriogonum subalpinum preferred a sunnier aspect.

Cockcroft

The second day I hiked along Sarvis Creek.  In the deep shade you could find Corallorhiza wisteriana.  In the sun, lupines filled the fields.

Cockcroft

I almost forgot Penstemon strictus. The color was so intense, I took many pictures.  Here are a few.

Cockcroft

Driving southwest of Steamboat Springs, I encountered a very difference landscape on my way to Vail.  I think the yucca was Y. harrimaniae.

Cockcroft

My last stop was at the Betty Ford Alpine Garden in Vail.  Candelabra primulas obviously liked it there.  The rockeries were well-designed.  My photo of the alpine house doesn't do it justice.  Nick Courtens and Kenton Seth masterfully laid out the tufa.  Very impressive!

Cockcroft

Half the fun of being in Colorado was visiting with old friends and meeting new ones.  Tony Reznicek, Janet Novak and Marcella Ferreyra, Johan Nillson, Julia Corden, and Mary Ellen Asmundson.

IMYoung

Thanks for sharing photos, Claire - seems like a really super  trip - and the weather held out well too, eh?

Ian  and/or Margaret Young ( -here it is usually Margaret) Aberdeen , North East Scotland, UK Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

HeLP
HeLP's picture

Thank you for sharing on this forum-have been enjoying Maggie's reposts on SRGC also

Harold Peachey USDA Z5, Lamoine, ME

IMYoung

Thanks, Harold.  SRGC likes to support our pals wherever possible.

Ian  and/or Margaret Young ( -here it is usually Margaret) Aberdeen , North East Scotland, UK Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

Pages