Crocus 2015

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Toole
Toole's picture
Title: Guest

[quote=IMYoung]

I  keep hoping that someone will think its a good idea to have an Aberdeen trial ground for such gems.

[/quote]

Maggi --after a long and careful period of consideration ...(not !), I think that there should also be a Southern Hemisphere trial bed and after another delayed consideration,(not), I'm willing to sacrifice our last patch of lawn  .....surprisesurprisesurprise

Invercargill Bottom of the South Island New Zealand Zone 8 maritime climate 1100mm,(40 in),rainfall p.a. Nil snow cover

IMYoung
Title: Member

Very noble of you Dave!

Apologies for this change, there  is a new link for IRG 61 :  http://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/logdir/2015Feb011422783332IRG61.pdf

Ian  and/or Margaret Young ( -here it is usually Margaret) Aberdeen , North East Scotland, UK Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

penstemon

Crocus korolkowii 'Lemon Tiger'. First crocus of the season. 

Bob

extreme western edge of Denver, Colorado; elevation 1705.6 meters, average annual precipitation 30cm; refuses to look at thermometer if it threatens to go below -17C

Fermi
Fermi's picture

Our autumn crocus season has been rather dismal, but one decent bloom on this one I got as C. cancellatus but I'm told that it is a form of Crocus niveus,

Crocus niveus Crocus niveus

cheers

fermi

Fermi de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia Min: -7C, Max: +40C

Lori S.
Title: Moderator

Lovely beginnings... and endings... to the crocus season, Bob and Fermi.

Lori Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Zone 3 -30 C to +30 C (rarely!); elevation ~1130m; annual precipitation ~40 cm

Fermi
Fermi's picture

Two crocus this month so far:

Crocus imperati in bud

Crocus imperati

Crocus rujanensis

Crocus rujanensis

cheers

fermi

Fermi
Fermi's picture

Another crocus in bloom now, Crocus olivieri ssp olivieri (Steno) grown from seed from Marcus Harvey http://hillviewrareplants.com.au in 2003,

Crocus olivieri ssp olivieriCrocus olivieri ssp olivieri

cheers

fermi

Fermi
Fermi's picture

This clump of Crocus flavus is unfortunately under a Mexican Hawthorn and the fallen fruit is the same color as the crocus flowers, so sometimes they go unnoticed for awhile!

.Crocus.flavus..Crocus.flavus.

cheers

fermi

Lori S.
Title: Moderator

What a great colour!

Lori Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Zone 3 -30 C to +30 C (rarely!); elevation ~1130m; annual precipitation ~40 cm

Pages