2014-2015 Seed Exchange Now Open

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Toole
Toole's picture
Title: Guest

Seed arrived here this morning and has been sown in pots outside.A warm thank you to all involved.yes

Cheers Dave

Invercargill Bottom of the South Island New Zealand Zone 8 maritime climate 1100mm,(40 in),rainfall p.a. Nil snow cover

RPavlis
RPavlis's picture
Title: Member

Thanks this worked great.

Ontario, Canada,  zone 5

Author of GardenMyths.com

RickR
Title: Moderator

I am not seeing Laura's description either.  I have a PC, and it doesn't show on Firefox or IE. 

With this system, maybe somehow it's because Lori and I are moderators?

Rick Rodich    zone 4a.    Annual precipitation ~24 inches near Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

hepatica
Title: Admin

Hi Rick,

I think it is more likely because the Seedex order hyperlink section is created when the order is first saved. So if you finish entering your order and submit it without needing to click on the 'Save for later' button, the link isn't created. This link is also the way members can get back in to finish their order later.

Regards,

Laura

Laura Serowicz
NARGS Seed Exchange Intake Manager
Southeast Michigan 
RickR
Title: Moderator

Very possible.  I did not use the "save for later" option.

Rick Rodich    zone 4a.    Annual precipitation ~24 inches near Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

RPavlis
RPavlis's picture

Question about 2 nd round of ordering. Does NARGS produce a new list of available seeds, or do we just use the original list?

Ontario, Canada,  zone 5

hepatica

We will provide a revised list of seeds for the Surplus round comprised of the seed numbers still remaining so you will know what seeds may still be available for ordering, The webpage Seed List with the Google links will show only the Surplus seeds when the ordering goes live on March 1st. We will also have downloadable .pdf and .txt files of just the Surplus Seed List as well as of the full list on the Downloadable Seed List Files page.

There is still a lot of great seed left so be sure to check out the Surplus List on March 1st when it is posted and get your Surplus order in quickly - orders are filled first come - first served in the Surplus round and it is only open until March 20th.

Laura Serowicz
Southeast Michigan 
RPavlis
RPavlis's picture

Thanks for the quick reply. You guys are really organized and it is much appreciated.

Ontario, Canada,  zone 5

Tingley

I have a question about the exchange: I received two packets of the same species (a second choice- not flagged as a priority) as replacements for two first choice picks. Does this happen very often, and how might it be avoided in the future? I gave the duplicate packet to a colleague this time around.

Southwest Nova Scotia, zone 6b or thereabouts

hepatica

Hi Gordon,

I don't know specifically what happened to your order fill - I won't receive the copies of the order forms until later this week. The instructions for filling orders are clear about how to fill with alternates when a first choice packet is sold out, but many volunteers worked in the first 3 days of order filling, some for only one day and they may not have paid close attention to what the priority boxes on alternate choices meant. Usually the order filling groups have a separate person check and prepare the order for mailing to catch any errors, but it evidently wasn't caught in your case.

I am so sorry your order was not filled as it was supposed to be - I'll take a look at your order form when I receive them from the Piedmont Chapter and email you privately if I find any reason other than the volunteer just misunderstood instructions for choosing alternates.

Regards,

Laura

Laura Serowicz
Southeast Michigan 

Pages