Wow, Krish, I've  never seen one with so many flowers :o
cheers
fermi

Fermi de Sousa,
Central Victoria, Australia
Min: -7C, Max: +40C

Anne Spiegel
Title: Member

Great plants and such a variety, Krish and Lori.  Here it's dianthus time.  They've been allowed to seed themselves in this area and now there are all sorts of intermediates in color and size.  Will have to introduce some darker ones and see what happens.
Also, Paeonia peregrina, one of my new favorites.  The flowers are incredibly shiny and a brilliant red.  Go to the Scottish Forum to see a picture of a hillside of it in bloom in the wild, spectacular.

RickR
Title: Moderator

Ditto on the didymocarpa, Krish.  The aquilegia is gorgeously cute!  What a special treat to be able to look out your basement window directly into the garden at ground level!  And gosh, if only my gardens were that tidy.....

Ann, that peony is quite the eye catcher.  When you say shiny, you're not kidding!

Rick Rodich    zone 4a.    Annual precipitation ~24 inches
near Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Gene Mirro

Rose 'Eddie's Jewel', a hybrid of Rosa moyesii:  12 feet tall on a 6 foot fence.  This was started as a cutting in 2008.  If allowed to climb a tree, it will reach 30 feet in height, an extremely impressive sight.  Behind the rose is grand fir, and behind the fir is black locust in bloom, attracting thousands of bees.

[attachthumb = 1]

Here it is up in the trees at my place in Portland:

[attachthumb = 2]

Lilium martagon on left, Lilium mackliniae in front, Nomocharis pardanthina (?) behind:

[attachthumb = 3]

A dark form of Lilium mackliniae, blooming for the first time this year.  Note the deeply colored buds:

[attachthumb = 4]

Nomocharis aperta (?):

[attachthumb = 5]

SW Washington state, 600 ft. altitude

Gene Mirro

Linnaea borealis blooming under the firs, with Cornus canadensis in front and Disporum hookeri in back:

[attachthumb = 1]

Another group of Linnaea:

[attachthumb = 2]

The Cornus and Disporum were grown from seed.  Linnaea is one of the few plants that I start from cuttings, since I can never find the ripe seed.

IMYoung

Gene wrote:

Linnaea borealis blooming under the firs, with Cornus canadensis in front and Disporum hookeri in back:

The Cornus and Disporum were grown from seed.  Linnaea is one of the few plants that I start from cuttings, since I can never find the ripe seed.

Drat! And I was just about to send you a begging  letter for seed!  :'(

M

Ian  and/or Margaret Young ( -here it is usually Margaret)

Aberdeen , North East Scotland, UK
Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

IMYoung

Krish, your garden is a great place to take a walk- thanks! Your Phlox is super  8)

Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

Gene Mirro

IMYoung wrote:

Gene wrote:

Drat! And I was just about to send you a begging  letter for seed!  :'(

M

Will the plant police take me away if I send you some cuttings?

IMYoung

Toole wrote:

IMYoung wrote:

Yup, after the Jandals were famously jettisoned by Steve the other day, I was expecting the snaadreeps to begin! :D

Steve will probably have them back on again now --Saturday, 1st day of winter, temps reached 15c on the coast here --warm enough for me to tip out some of my clumps of potted Trilliums and carefully divide them.

Cheers Dave.

That figures - it's turned cold again here.....
but at least that is keeping the last trillium flowers going a little longer!

Zone 8a

www.srgc.net

Pages