When I tried it, was adding some items to my selection, got distracted with other things and left the window open. When I went to save the selection, it saved, but wiped out all but two line items, one of those two being an empty field. There might be a time-out threshold of some duration, I don't know. Tried deleting the two items one by one, was finally able to reset it so that I could start from scratch. Haven't tried again yet.
Massachusetts, USA, near the New Hampshire border USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com
I just read an email from Ger van den Beuken about the spam filter. Here's the message from him:
Bellevue, Washington Zone 7-8
This is a question, I don't know how the spam filter plugin works in much detail. Thanks Claire for adding the information. We will need to hear from Daniel, I don't know if anything has been tweaked in terms of the spam filter. If one does get prevented from posting because of a "false positive", typically one gets a "Captchas" screen with which to validate what one is posting is not spam.
Daniel, any suggestions?
Not meaning to divert Daniel's attention from the previously-mentioned issue, but here is another another... When messages are sent to me via the "Contact form", they are not recorded in my Messages area on the NARGS site; instead, they are only viewable in the e-mail program on my computer (a desktop Mac and an iPad).
I rather doubt that this could be how it's intended to work, as there is no way to directly reply to the original message (in the usual e-mail manner, where the original message is shown beneath the reply), since the original message is completely disconnected from the subsequent reply back in the NARGS Messages area.
Anyone else see this happening? (I know Mark and Rick don't from a previous discussion about this.)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Zone 3
-30 C to +30 C (rarely!); elevation ~1130m; annual precipitation ~40 cm
I’m not sure exactly what you tried, but this is exactly how I replace my missing photos. My browser is Firefox, so it might be slightly different if you use something different.
1. Go to the post in question.
2. Click "edit" below the post.
3. In the text editing box (titled: Body(Edit summary)), there are "picture icons" where the original photos were. Right click on one, then click "Edit link" or "image properties".
4. The URL box shown contains the original name of the photo file that you had uploaded from your computer. Click or double click in the box to get the cursor there. Move the cursor to the right until you recognize the file name. (for my original files, the space between words is replaced by computer code. You may find similar anomalies.)
5. Now that you know which photo was used, close the box to return to the edit page.
6. Under “Embedded Images”, add a new file. Click on “Browse” and upload the photo from your computer.
7. Go back to the text editing box and delete the picture icon. Leave the cursor where you want the newly uploaded photo to be.
8. Scroll down to your embedded image and click “insert”. Momentarily, the photo will appear in the text editing box, right where the cursor was left.
Rick Rodich zone 4a. Annual precipitation ~24 inches
near Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
On Friday evening from 1900 hours (UK Summer Time) until I gave up at 1940 I tried to upload pictures to accompany a post. I checked my own Wirelss Broadband speed which gave me a download speed of 11.01Mb/s and an upload speed of 1.36Mb/s. This is really not the first time the site has either taken an age to upload once having connected to it or has failed to upload pictures. Is anyone else having problems?
in Devon, UK Zone 9b
For best results, images of not more than 2 or 3 Mb should be used. What size of images are you attempting to upload?
Daniel Dillon (artist) & Esther Wrightman (gardener)
St. Andrews, New Brunswick.
Daniel, neither Rick or I could post photos to this site last night and I've tried it just now again and still can't.
Exceeding the photo size is not the problem.
Photos can be uploaded but "Insert" doesn't work.
The thread I gave up on was the Lewisia 2014 thread and the picture that refused to upload was 59.3Kb the others I was intending to post were 48.3Kb and 61.2Kb
I see from looking at the Lewisia thread today that inspite of my giving up on it the first of my pictures eventually loaded.
OK. I see the problem with "Insert" as well. We will look into it and get back to you.